Sulatan Hamengku Buwana IX named this Bringharjo after the forest area whice was cleared for the purpose in 1756. Locaten on jalan Ahmad Yani, the present building was constructed by the Duct in 1925, though the remains of earlier Chinese warehouses are still visible on it’s northern side. Bringharjo stocks an enormous range of merchandise, such as cloting, shoes, textiles, bags, baskets, mats, spices, foodstuffs, agricultural produce and household items. The narrow alleyway looking for unlikely articles. Here it is possible to find old bits of machinery. Here it is possible to fine old bits of machinery, spare parts, Second hand army boots, broken clocks, cameras and general scrap, among which may lie a few treasures.