This elegant old building was designed by the Javanese architect R. Sindutomo in 1923. During in 1923. During World war II it was used by the occupying Japanese forces as their headquarters. Fplowing the Japanese surrender it became the temporary location of the original radio republic Indonesia , before the bank was founded in 1946. The building is dituated at the southern end of jalan Ahmad Yani, next to the Central Post Office.